Saturday, November 7, 2009

I’m becoming a real live homemaker…..




Believe it or not, we have learned a few things in our almost five months of marriage! Here are just a few of them:
1. Cooking is fun!! Even though I feel like I am always busy and cooking is the last thing I want to do after a long day at work, it is so rewarding to be able to show Mac how much I love him by making a nice dinner. I love that time when we can sit down and enjoy some quiet time together.
2. The house will never stay clean. Hehehe We try so hard to keep our little apartment clean, but as busy as we are it just has a way of getting hit by a tornado every couple of days! We are getting better at keeping it clean….Mac’s favorite phrase of mine is when I look at the apartment and say “The house is a disaster!” I say it often….
3. Pet peeves can be quite funny. I don’t think there is any way around it. As a newlywed couple, you learn things about each other—little things—that just bug you! Mac likes to put his dirty clothes on the bed before he showers (even though he walks past the hamper on the way to the bathroom) and I leave the lights on and leave hair in the sink. We like to make a joke out of it and all of a sudden they aren’t so much pet peeves as they are funny things. I laugh every time I hear mac call “Light Leaver-On-er” from down the hall. Those are the memories that are worth a million dollars.
4. You have to be selfless. I think there are only a few things that can damage a marriage more than one or both partners being selfish. Whether it involves money, time, or anything else, selfishness is destructive. We are learning to put each other first and we know that if we take care of each other, then we are both taken care of. That is the important thing. As long as you think of the other persons needs first, you can make it through anything!

Anyway, enough of things we have learned/are learning. I wanted to share a few pictures of my week of homemaking during conference weekend. My mom and I went over to Aunt Jill’s house during the Priesthood session. We painted picture frames and did a Halloween stitchery. It was so much fun and I want to find more fun activities like that to do. I made a new meal—Chicken Cutlets—and they were delicious! And lastly, I made homemade twix bars! I got the wrong pretzels (I was supposed to get the big thick ones) but they actually were still really tasty!








1 comment:

  1. FUn! You have a blog! You are so cool. I love Mac's "light-leaver-on-er" that is so something he would say and it sounds like it really lightens the mood and makes both of you laugh. That's so good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun. Let us know what you think of our adventures!